Sunday, May 31, 2015

Here We Go...

It was a cold winter break day and the hubby was traveling.  I had a car full of kids so excited to rock climb and swim and Mama was in a great mood... until I was happily splashing with my one year old and out of the corner of my eye, I spotted an old high school classmate.

I wanted to die. 

I will never forget that moment.

That pit in my stomach, the next hour dancing around the pool trying to strategically stay away from him, and the feeling of ridiculousness because he was one of the nicest people in the world, yet I was letting my own body keep me from enjoying a wonderful day with my children.

I remember trying to stay in the water up to my neck, sucking in to try to lesson my roll-filled belly, and swearing up and down that I was never going to eat until I dropped forty pounds.  Ever. Not even a morsel.

Well, that didn't last long- when as I was leaving the recreation center, I grabbed a Diet Coke... and then I saw they had Bugles which reminded me of summers at the beach, and you can never find Bugles, and well, if I'm going to get Bugles, then I might as well get a Kit Kat to go with it since I'm now starting the no eating thing tomorrow...

And tomorrow became the next day, then the next day, then the next day...

And here it is summer, I'm dreading a swimsuit, my 15th wedding anniversary is this week and I couldn't fit my left thigh in my dress, and it's finally time to do something.

Five years ago, I blogged for LA Boxing- even was a guest speaker at a fitness blogger convention- and blogging gave me the one thing I needed... accountability- and a place for me to write- the thing I love doing...  Remember this? Oh yeah, it's a good one (and I can't believe I'm posting this- but it's amazing what can happen in three short months when you invest in yourself!)  http://theknockoutmama.blogspot.com/2010/03/deal-is-deal.html :)

Well, it's time to go back to square one...  no gimmicks, no diets, no magic pills, just hard work and healthy eating- and maybe a little shakeology. :)

Let's do this... and make tomorrow not be a day away.  Here goes nothing... Bikini on Labor Day - you read it here first... calm down y'all don't start lining up to see it. :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment